Join our Home Musicians community now!

Hello Guest - Register or Log-in now, to download the tunes, add your comments, ask questions or share advice with our home musicians community. You can also upload your original music, home studio photos, and post your own forum topics and blogs. [Login to hide note!]

808 Drum Samples

If you're after 808 drum samples, you can download a full set here. They're 16-Bit, 44.1kHz, and have been sampled directly from an original TR-808 analogue drum machine.

This 808 drum sample set is a 7.5mb download.

Download 808 drum sample set

djreggie's picture

good shit

Tricker's picture

Are they one shots?

matt's picture

Yeah they are one shot samples.

nitro2k01's picture

Straight to the point, and just what I needed.

Pitbull's picture

If youre looking for more drumkits, there are some on sampleswap.org!

EUGOD's picture

this is what the 808 drumkit sounds like . click on this link and you can check out what this kit sounds like all by it self http://www.maketunes.com/audio/3-the-hard-way-by-beastie-boyz-remix-by-e...

Godless's picture

Thannkxx damn good!

MarCoast Beats.'s picture

Damn I Need To Make An 808 Beat Now..

drummer-boy's picture

Hey Guys,
Nice samples. I want to know though, if I use these samples in a song or jingle, what are my limitations? Can they be used in songs/jingles that I sell commercially?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Doctor Ryzl's picture

They're samples directly form a piece of hardware. Who's to say you don't own a TR-808... These are royalty free my friend... as are all samples from hardware (synths, drum machines, EP. etc...) Only samples from pre-existing songs and compositions, with a copyright on them, need clearance from the copyright holder. Like if you sample ol' Phil Collins, you'll need to call his people to get clearance and register though ASCAP for royalties.

Be good... or just good at it
You keep it pimp... I'm a keep it gangsta!

Check out all my stuff here

xxAWOLLxx's picture

hey does anybody know what the long low sampler they use right before breakdowns in hardcore music is called
i downloaded this but theres like a hundred different noises
so ya thanks

benwalsh9001's picture

that long low bass sample they use before breakdowns is called a 'sub drop'

kalm's picture

download doesn't work :-(

lilreese2000's picture

doesnt work

ScreamingZombie's picture

The link here seems to be broken.
Fix it please!!!

.:Screaming Zombie:.

Doctor Ryzl's picture

Fuck them samples! (sorry Matt!) Here's my 808 and my 909 samples. 407 samples taken from two 808's recorded into an Ampex 351 1/2" valve 2 track tape machine. 1446 samples taken from a mint 909 recorded into an Ampex 351 1/2" valve 2 track tape machine. The samples have also been put through other vintage gear. Recorded naked into a Metric Halo ULN-2 firewire audio card. Only the best of the best of the samples were cherry picked for these packs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fd8e2f24add0b63791b20cc0d07ba4d2f30fd...

If anyone needs any vintage drum machine samples, I have them all. Seriously, any major drum machine built prior to 1995, I have the samples, direct from the machine. E-Mail me at c4pr1c0rn.0n3 [AT] gmail [DOT] com with the name of the machine and I'll send you the samples. If you ask for a samples from a machine I don't have... pat yourself on the back, for you are a bigger audio nerd than I, and I salute you! Then I'll find the samples to add to my pack and send them to you! lol! E-mail me your requests, don't make them here, I don't check Maketunes as much as I used to, but I check my e-mail 10 times a day at least!

Take two of these beats, and call me in the morning. Doctor's orders!

EUGOD's picture

thanks 4 the samples doc

Doctor Ryzl's picture

You're most welcome homey!

Omeganon2012's picture

The link is broken.

Omeganon2012's picture

The link is broken.

barryjstraker's picture

Earlier this year I found some really good drum samples from

www.original-music.co.uk

24 bit to!
check them out,
they have free one shot hits but the best loops and hits are inthe drum sample packs, I got 'mini drums' and was
v. impressed!

jrschrock's picture

Is this as good as it gets for an 808 drum sample? What I mean is, does anyone know if there are better ones available or are they all the same? Just curious, thanks.

Doctor Ryzl's picture

Well... The most true 808 sound comes from the machine itself. But they're always in high demand because they are so great, even today, so they're hard to find and expensive if you do procure one up. Most of the 808 sample you find on the net are not from an actual 808. They're either from an 808 clone or more often than not, they are created in software synthesizers and made to emulate the original. BUT... there is one company out there that does it right. Goldbaby is a UK based company that takes vintage electronic music equipment, of all types, from drum machines, to synthesizers, and then records the sounds individually on old school 1/2" analog tape machines, once raw, once thru a saturation filter. Then they digitally transfer them straight to a computer using an HD audio interface at 24 bit, 192kHz so there is absolutely no loss of audio quality, or any alteration to the recorded sound. If you go up a few comments, I posted a link to the samples with a more detailed description of how they recorded it. The link is still good. Its the best you're gonna get other than getting a mint condition 808.

hollow man's picture

Nice sounds! If you really like 808 samples I would highly reccomend checking out the Wave Alchemy 808 sample pack, it sounds better than the Goldbaby one in my opinion: http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/808_drums/pid62

jhyang549's picture

Thanks, doc. Really think those samples to be useful. Way to hijack the thread though.

---
"It's gonna sound good if you put some work on it."
http://www.maketunes.com/users/jhyang549

clogz's picture

Thanks doc!

alicesmile's picture

As a lot of listeners have commented, 70-548 Equalibrum's production has a unique and effective style,70-549 combining solid beats with a whole range of funky samples and other instruments.

Over the top of all this on many of his tracks, 70-551 he's worked with several talented MC's, who have brought their lyrical skills right up alongside the production, and the tracks that result are quite remarkable,
70-552 and great fun to listen to.

Hello Guest - Register or Log-in now, to download the tunes, add your comments, ask questions or share advice with our home musicians community. You can also upload your original music, home studio photos, and post your own forum topics and blogs. [Login to hide note!]

Donations made to MakeTunes by the following members...
Check out their music to thank them for helping our community grow!

Spinelli - Ed - Audiohead - Julian Angel - Giechi Dan Productions - Mike_S - Bill - JonnyLightning - Illusive Mind - DanstheTsar - IngridTornado - Geomatic - Almighty Pattern - m1ch431 - dammedifiknow - TURK - DeletedTrack - heegs - MarCoast Beats. - pinepoint - disposition - doomydoom - NyceBeatz - Multiengine - deanomuz - Hosea Taylor - Light3000 - Mike Huntingford - Joon Yang - contrails over boston